Monday, September 15, 2008

no time for health

I know I've written about this before, but I just couldn't help but mention it again. Having no time is just not a good excuse to let yourself go. We all have the same amount of time in a day, and some of us just achieve more than others. I know you can all find time to look after yourselves. Just start today. Right now do something to better your own health.

I just read this exerpt from Ben Warstler of Groundbreaking Fitness I couldn't put it better myself.



1 Year

365 Days

8,760 hours

525,600 minutes

315,360,000 seconds

We all have the same amount of time jo, it all depends upon how we spend it.

Bill Gates has the same amount of time as you and I do.

Why is he so successful?

Michael Jordan has the same amount of time in a year as we do.

Why does everyone know his name?

Someone who is very lean, pre plans their nutrition plan and has makes time to exercise has the same amount of time in a year as someone who is struggling with their weight, and claims to have no time for exercise.

I've heard all the excuses before, and frankly I have to smile and say ok, when I hear them.

I'm not a cold person, and in some instances I don't know what it is like to be in their shoes. But I will tell you this:

I know we all have the same amount of time in a day and a year. No one has more or less. It may seem that way but that is because the one who seems to have more time has planned ahead of time so they can live each day the way they want to.

The day we don't take ownership for our actions and what we do and don't do is the day we lose control of our very lives; the one thing we can control.

Here is an example of what you can accomplish when you provide yourself the opportunity. We will call this woman Aunt Mildred.

In one year here is what she has experienced:
-Attended 31 basketball games in six days to watch her favorite team win a womens college basketball national championship

-Traveled to the Czech Republic with students on a sports ministry trip, with the hopes to going to China next year

-Put a lot of sweat equity into a camp on 'the island' which included raking, pruning, and burning.

-From June to Labor day went tent camping following the Lewis and Clark Trail from St. Louis to Washington and Oregon. Following the Journals of Lewis and Clark

- Explored the Cascade mountains (including, Mount Hood, Rainier, St. Helens, Baker, Olympia, Jefferson, Washington, and Three Sisters.

-Drove down beautiul US 101 in Washington, Oregon, and California

-Visited the Hoh Rain Forest in Oregon.

-Learned how to sand board

-Traveled through the Rocky Mountains

-Visited family and took a motorcycle ride

-Visited two friends undergoing cancer treatment

-Went to 65th high school reunion

Now some of these items may not seem that great to you. But when you consider the fact that Aunt Mildred is 83 years old, you have to be inspired!

Think about that for a minute.

83 years old!

Kind of puts things in perspective a little bit doesn't it.

The truth is we all have it in ourselves to become better and better each day. In regards to fitness, ask yourself, are you making the time investment now so that when you are 83 years old you can still live? Better yet, are you making the time investment in your health and fitness that are going to help you live tomorrow?

The words I can't don't exist. I don't believe in them. Do you?

Aunt Mildred blows away the other excuse I've have heard too many times to count: I'm too old.


So what are you waiting for.

Begin your journey right now.

Jo

No comments: