Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome to FitterFaster


Hi everyone

As you can tell I am new to this whole blogging thing, but here goes. Pretty much I want to talk about getting fitter and losing weight. I want to talk about how everyone can do this with commitment. There are no 'secrets' or tricks to losing weight. It actually does take hard work and is sometimes not easy, but everyone can do it.
About 6 years ago, I was a slightly overweight extremely unfit mother of 4 children aged 2 to 4 years. I decided to join the gym and also to take up triathlons as I had a few friends who did them. I dont know what got over me actually, as I couldnt swim and didnt even own a bike.

Well the rest is history, I have since spent that time experimenting with all manner of strength training and cardio routines and have found what really works best. I have trained and become a personal trainer and have had fantastic results getting people fit and helping them to lose weight. I have studied extensively all manner of diets, workouts etc etc and weeded out the ones that dont work and the ones that do and you would be surprised. Dont get me wrong, it's not always easy and you do really have to eat healthy foods. Just thinking about it does not work and there is no quick fix solution.

What really works is having a plan and sticking to it. You dont need to join a gym or have heaps of expensive exercise equipment. Working out when you dont feel like it and getting rid of all the excuses is what you do need. I have started a website called FitterFasterOnline where I share tonnes of ideas, workouts, eating tips etc so that anyone can get fit and healthy. It is also a work in progress, but I plan to share all of my successful ideas and research so that you too can get fit like me. You can follow along step by step and email me any time if you have any questions or concerns.

At the moment I am training to compete in my 5th half ironman where I have to swim 1900m, cycle 90km and run 21km without stopping. Oh and I have had another baby since then too, so I have a 2 year old as well. So much for the kids excuse hey! but dont panic, I am not going to tell you that you have to do that to get fit or stay in shape. It is easier than that!! You do still have to work at it though and you must make permanent changes.

So till next time, check out FitterFasterOnline. Till next time.

Jo
Oh and dont believe everything you read, stick with me and find out what really works in the real world.


No comments: